Plaster Wall Repair in Cincinnati, OH
Plaster wall repairs and drywall repairs are common household services in the handyman industry. Despite how similar they seem, a plaster wall repair requires more patience and expertise than a drywall repair. Plaster is often more labor intensive and can be difficult to apply without cracks or slight imperfections (like the ones you see near the end of the video). Having to worry about these imperfections, as well as having to apply and wait for 3 layers of material to dry, is why homeowners often opt for hiring a professional to perform their plaster wall repair.
Plaster Wall Repair Video
Leaky Roof Results in Plaster Wall Repair
The reason this homeowner had to call us out to perform a plaster wall repair was due to the extensive water damage present. Water had managed to get through the roof due to poor chimney flashing and leaked onto the soffit, causing the damage you see in the video. Once this leak was dealt with, our craftsmen removed the damaged wood from the soffit, replaced it, and painted it to match the rest of the home.
Soffit Water Damage – After
Soffit Water Damage – Before
This soffit water damage in particular was caused by a roof leak due to poor chimney flashing, but we’re often called out to fix a soffit damage just like this caused by anything from faulty box gutter seams to animal damage to wood rot. If the soffit on your home is showing signs of water damage, it’s often a sign of bigger problem elsewhere, one that should be dealt to avoid the kinds of damage this homeowner had to repair.
Once the leak had been dealt with, our guys moved inside to repair the interior damage caused by the leak. All the old paint and plaster was scraped and peeled off, and the crack in the mortar sealed. Fred likes to use a product called FibaTape before applying the first coat of plaster mud so that cracks and imperfections will be minimized. Because the homeowner was planning on painting themselves, Fred just had to prepare the corner of the bedroom for a fresh coat before cleaning up after himself.
Looking to Perform Your Own Plaster Wall Repair?
Plaster Ready for Paint
Want to do it yourself? Well, before you even purchase materials for your plaster wall repair project, consider watching our video on proper materials and techniques.
Why Trust ProMaster for Your Plaster Wall Repair?
– Exact Time Appointments: No two or even four hour arrival time windows here! When we say 8AM, WE MEAN 8AM!
– Family-friendly: ProMaster craftsmen are all rigorously background-checked and drug-tested so that you can rest assured they will treat you, your home, and your family with the utmost respect.
– Trustworthy: A+ BBB rating. Fully insured. All our work comes with a one year warranty.
– Multi-Disciplined: NO subcontractors to go through, accounting departments to deal with, or salesmen to get pressured by. You deal directly with the master craftsmen who will be working on your home throughout the project.
But don’t just take our word for it…
– Recognized for Marketplace Ethics as a two-time BBB Torch Award Finalist 2015 & 2016
– Winner of Greater Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce’s “10 Under 10” award in 2012
– Named a “Big 50 Award” National Industry Leader by Remodeling Magazine in 2012
– Listed in Cincy Magazine’s top 40 Cincinnati businesses in 2010
– Member of Greater Cincinnati and Clermont County Chambers of Commerce