Safe Holiday Light Installation – Cincinnati, Ohio
The emergence of a wide variety of outdoor lighting options and growing trend for more impressive home light displays has created high demand for professional assistance with common residential Holiday lights displays. Fueling such demand is primarily the need to avoid safety concerns and injuries by homeowners who would otherwise install these holiday lights themselves.
Holiday Light Video
Holiday Light Installation Injuries on the Rise
Holiday Lighting Facts & Figures
The problem, however, is that injuries and visits to emergency rooms are growing as a result from homeowners performing their own holiday light and Christmas décor installations.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted a three year study and reported that nearly 18,000 individuals were treated in emergency rooms for holiday decorating falls alone. It is important to note that this number only includes people who sought medical treatment at an emergency room. It is estimated that the true number of injuries is even higher.
Other injury statistics include:
- Every year, hospital emergency rooms treat about 12,500 people for injuries such as falls, cuts, and shocks related to holiday lights, electrical decorations, and Christmas trees. (U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC))
- Nearly 6,000 emergency room patients are seen each season due to holiday decorating falls alone (CDC).
- 200 fire-related fatalities and injuries happen during the two days of December 31 and January 1 (holidaysafety.org).
The improvements in technology such as icicle lights, LED lights, and motion lights have brought us light displays like we’ve never seen before.
However, improvements in these products have brought an increase in the complexity of light types, maximum wattage, and GFCI safety. For years commercial businesses and public holiday display events have hired trained professionals to ensure the safety of the public.
Residential homeowners have lagged behind this trend, mostly due to the lack of availability of professionals who offer residential light hanging services at a reasonable rate.
Hanging Holiday Lights is Time Consuming, Inconvenient, and a Hassle
Let’s face it. Beautiful holiday light displays are a wonderful way to enjoy the holidays with family, neighbors, and friends.
But when the DIY’s time is spent hanging lights, rechecking connections, weatherproofing outlets, fixing burnt out bulbs, etc., the family is neglected. Aren’t holidays a time to celebrate with family, friends, or significant others?
By hiring a professional installer, the backbreaking job of hanging lights is left to the pro while you enjoy all that the holidays offer.
Have ProMaster Install My Holiday Lights
Call a ProMaster Holiday Lights Professional today at (513) 724-0539 to enjoy this season without the risk and worry of hanging your holiday lights. Some additional time-savers and conveniences ProMaster offers include:
- Included in our service: Holiday lights take-down in January when it’s cold, grey, icy, and snowy
- Roof and gutter inspection while lights are being hung to spot potential problems before they become costly.
- More time to enjoy holiday activities that make this season special.